Early risk assessment is a crucial component of risk management. Cosgrave's labor and employment lawyers help clients identify and, when possible, prevent problems before they happen.
Collectively, we have more than 50 years of experience in helping clients manage employment relationships, combined with extensive trial experience. We provide strategic representation that gets pragmatic results.
When necessary, Cosgrave is ready and able to litigate all types of discrimination claims under state and federal laws, as well as claims of wage and hour violations, FMLA and OFLA violations, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, and retaliation. We also assist with employment-related issues such as privacy, defamation, public accommodations, and interference with contract.
We've represented a broad range of employers before state and federal courts and administrative agencies, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We are skilled in alternative dispute resolution, such as arbitration and mediation, and our appellate lawyers are available at all times for consultation or to take a case to the next level.
Cosgrave's employment law group also advises employers on a wide variety of workplace issues, such as hiring and firing, discipline, employee handbooks, training, and all types of employment agreements. This in-depth understanding of our clients' businesses equips us to represent their interests efficiently in the courtroom as well as the boardroom.
- ALFA International Labor & Employment Practice Group
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association
- Association of Legal Administrators
- Defense Research Institute
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Litigation Counsel of America
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Oregon State Bar Labor and Employment section
- Portland Human Resources Management Association
- Public Risk Management Association (PRIMA)
- Society for Human Resource Management
If you would like to be placed on the list serve to receive our Employment Law Newsletter, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org